Grilled Bison Ribeyes with Cilantro Chimichurri
Cilantro Chimichurri complements the Rich Flavor of Grilled Bison
4 Highland Farm Bison Ribeye Steaks (12-16oz each), room temp
Salt and Pepper (or other prefered rub) to taste
3/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup parsley leaves
4 small stems fresh oregano leaves
1 shallot, sliced
2-4 cloves peeled fresh garlic
A few pinches of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. In a mini food processor, pulse cilantro leaves, parsely leaves, oregano and garlic cloves until coarsely chopped.
2. Add in shallot and pulse until finely chopped.
*Alternately, all items can be finely chopped by hand.
3. Add the chopped mixture to a bowl, add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, olive oil and vinegar. Stir to combine.
4. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
5. Store in a class jar with a tight fitting lid. Allow flavors to meld together in fridge for 30 minutes or more before use.
1. Season steaks to taste.
2. Grill steaks to desired doneness. We recommend medium rare (internal temp of 135) for the best flavor.
3. Slice and top with sauce!